Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed DevSecOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. Solve uniquely challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret security clearance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Evolving and sustaining the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Infrastructure at RII
- Developing Infrastructure as Code with Ansible, Powershell Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Terraform to solve deployment problems for diverse environments
- Provide subject matter expertise on infrastructure components, to include assistance with maintenance, configuration
- Support the development environment of cutting-edge military and national defense related applications on various DEVOPS and cloud / big data environments
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent previous work experience
- 5+ experience in Windows Workstation and Server administration supporting development and production deployment/configuration
- Knowledgeable about automating system configurations and orchestrating DevOps pipelines including scaling, releasing, and day-to-day system operations
- Experience and fundamental knowledge of the concepts of CI/CD
- Experience with Powershell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Puppet, or Chef
- Experience working with InstallShield or similar installation packaging solution
- Experience with scripting languages, in particular Python experience
- Experience with multiple virtualization hypervisors, to include KVM and ESXi
- Experience with AWS / Azure deployments
- Experience in a deploying systems and software distributed environment
- Experience with micro-services and microservices architectures
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices
- Experience managing software source code repositories such as Git
- Experience with some of the following: Python, Docker/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, Ansible, Powershell
- Experience with performance tuning Windows systems and services
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies, in particular: KVM, VMware, AWS
- Experience creating secure systems and CI/CD pipelines
- Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimal direction; self-motivated and results-focused
- Curious learner; researcher
- Able to assist software developers using the DevOps pipeline
- Mentor junior personnel
- Not required, but experience with Platform One and Iron Bank Containers is a plus
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.