LeoLabs is the world’s leading commercial provider of low Earth orbit (LEO) mapping and Space Domain Awareness (SDA) services. LeoLabs was founded in 2016 as a venture-funded spinout of Silicon Valley research pioneer, SRI International, by scientists and space industry veterans committed to securing Low Earth Orbit (LEO). LeoLabs is built on 30+ years of R&D in radar systems and satellite tracking algorithms. The team is rapidly expanding its global radar network and data services platform to help satellite operators deploy their services safely and to empower governmental space agencies with detailed visibility into the LEO ecosystem. As commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe compete for their place in the second space race, LeoLabs is here to address a new generation of risks and opportunities to preserve LEO for future generations.
LeoLabs Federal, Inc. is looking for a Director of Sales for Intelligence and Defense within the U.S. Federal market. This person will work with the LeoLabs Federal, Inc. quarterly and annual sales quotas for the intelligence, defense and national security markets. A successful candidate will be an unselfish leader, goal-driven, self-starter with a background in the U.S. government aerospace and defense market. The candidate will also have an existing network of customers of which they can introduce LeoLabs and create leads for their team. The successful candidate will also be comfortable owning the entire sales cycle: from lead generation, through creating budget, to shaping requests for quote and proposals. Candidate can expect domestic travel approximately 50% of the time.
● 15+ years of experience selling products and services to the U.S. Government market
● Experience selling into Intelligence and Defense
● Experience executing on $10-100M sales targets
● Experience leading and capturing successful pursuits
● B.S., M.S Degree
● TS clearance
● Masters in Business Administration
● Experience or background in math/physics or orbital mechanics
● Experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS) products in the public sector
● Experience in all three LeoLabs Federal, Inc. sectors: civil, space, and national security
● Experience with cloud environments like AWS/GCP/Azure
Within 1 month, you’ll:
● Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision and team
● Gain an understanding of LeoLabs product portfolio
● Ramp up on specifics of each of LeoLabs defense products
● Own your LeoLabs Federal, Inc. Sales quota for the upcoming year
Within 3 months, you’ll:
● Have learned each of your biggest customer’s needs in each sub-market: civil, space, and national security
● Be actively involved with the current open pursuits in the sales pipeline
● Generating new pursuits in the sales pipeline
Within 6 months, you’ll:
● Have met every one of your current customers
● Be closing your first deals that you have led from lead generation to award
Within 12 months, you’ll:
● Continuing to create and close sales pipeline and at least achieving your annual sales quota
Salary offers are based on a combination of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, skills, and location. The base salary range for this position $150,000 - 215,000 plus commission.
This compensation information is based on a good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information regarding ITAR can be found at DDTC’s website here.