Posted on 11/29/2022
Brownsville, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in using Excel, SQL, or Python/R for analysis or modeling dynamic systems
- Proficiency with statistics, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and visualization
- Experience with CAD software, Power BI, and discrete event modeling tools
- Experience with inventory, production, and capacity planning (including MRP/ERP systems)
- Experience as an industrial, operations, process or manufacturing engineer in a developmental manufacturing environment
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and related production principles
- Experience or education in management science and engineering, operations engineering, operations research, or industrial engineering
- Experience as a contributor to multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- Must be able to travel - up to 10% work week travel may be required to other sites
- This position is based in Starbase, TX (Brownsville, TX) and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Work as part of a team to develop and manage production strategy to mitigate future production risks and seize emerging opportunities to improve quality, output, safety, and cost
- Develop process flow models to analyze production system behavior and synchronize output with other elements of the company
- Identify operational challenges within the organization, determine root cause, and develop appropriate solutions
- Develop and track key performance measures, and identify decision points and actions to optimize production to meet demand
- Actively develop system and process improvements within and between production elements
- Collaborate with cross-departmental partners in supply chain, engineering, operations, and accounting groups to synchronize efforts
- Capture best practices of production systems, and manage organizational knowledge and lessons-learned
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.