Sr. Network Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 5+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network or deploying enterprise network solutions; or 7+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network or deploying enterprise network solutions in lieu of a degree
- Cisco CCIE (or other vendor network certification)
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Data center and WAN connectivity (Ethernet, DWDM, Wireless P2P)
- Access network (GPON, DOCSIS, xDSL)
- Switching and routing
- Subscriber management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (subscriber provisioning, BRAS, DNS, DHCP, NTP)
- Strong familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on experience bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Architect the evolution of Starlink's network interconnections, network co-location sites and points of presence (POPs)
- Lead the technical design of how Starlink satellite assets will integrate with more traditional ground networks
- Lead projects to iteratively increase Starlink's network performance
- Lead network integration and troubleshooting efforts for the largest and most strategic Starlink customers
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and network engineers to create or improve Starlink products
- Support sales teams with technical pre-sales support during the sales cycle by acting as the Starlink technical subject matter expert
- Participate in the overall network automation epic by helping identifying candidate projects and providing technical leadership
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- Mentor and train junior network engineers
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.