Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Each bike has a life of its own. They have unique characteristics and function differently, and they require an innovative Technical Writer to tell their story to our riders.
This position is a flexible hybrid working arrangement based out of our one of our global hubs; preferred locations are:
- Cham, Zug, CH
- Arnhem, ND
- Freiburg, DE
- Morgan Hill, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Create industry-leading technical documentation (manuals, bulletins, 3D renderings, Service guides, and Schematics) supporting bicycles and other complex products.
- Continuously review/improve our written style guide, keeping the team updated. Review/edit all written technical content for quality & alignment on an ongoing basis.
- Become a product expert through collaboration with Product Development and Engineering teams to inform content creation.
- Work within a team to establish and expand technical content creation workflow and best practices.
- Partner with Legal to incorporate requirements into content and ensure all documents meet or exceed them.
- Scan the environment globally to ensure content is industry-leading in form and function.
- Actively participate in enhancing the execution of new Product Introduction by providing best-in-class documentation that is first-class, accurate, innovative, and adheres to the project timeline.
- Support Specialized Retailer Education & Marketing departments with Technical Education content creation as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BS degree or equivalent experience/education
- 5+ years in a technical writing position
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Proven ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Acute attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and cross-culturally in a global environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite.
- Experience/Proficiency with 3D CAD software is required (Creo preferred)
- Proficiency with a 3D Rendering Suite. (3D Max Preferred)
- Background in web design or creating content for web preferred
- Working knowledge of product development processes and PLM systems
- Proficient with prioritization and multi-tasking. Able to manage several projects concurrently.
- Adept with communication, particularly highly technical subject matter.
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong knowledge of bicycles a plus
Below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in the following location:
California Base Pay Range: $64,480 - $91,126
At Specialized, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and will depend on your work experience, skills, certification, and location.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time teammate you are eligible for the following benefits beginning 30 days from date of hire. Benefits include:
- PPO, EPO, HMO Kaiser and HDHP competitive Healthcare benefit plans offered (which include coverage for acupuncture and physical therapy)
- Dental and Vision plan
- Health Savings Account with a company paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- 401(k) Matching up to $5,000 plus company paid retirement plan fees
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Sick, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts and perk program
- Parental Leave
- Specialized bike for a new baby
- Education and events reimbursement
- For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit: https://benefits.specialized.com
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.