Staff Product Designer-Messaging
Posted on 5/19/2022
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies
- A demonstrated history of successfully mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology
- Wear the Customer's Shoes + Write it Down: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the vision for Twilio's Messaging products, across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile, responsive web). Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently
- Don't Settle + Empower Others: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728- $166,144
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives