Senior Firmware Architect
Posted on 8/20/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Software or firmware development experience in an embedded systems environment with programming in C/C++
- Embedded firmware development running in a real-time operating system (RTOS), with hardware and software interactions
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool-chains
- Storage industry (SSDs or enterprise storage)
- Embedded development techniques using hardware and firmware tools
- Structured software development and practices, analytical problem solving, innovation and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Enterprise storage interface protocols (e.g., SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe)
- SSD or enterprise storage device security protocols and techniques (e.g., Opal, ESSC, and AES)
- Software/firmware development processes including workflow and continuous integration validation
- DevOps process strategies, tools and execution, from code check-in through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Project planning, estimation, and risk management
- Customer requirements definition, clarification, and technical assessment
- Development of unit tests for code coverage and quality validation
- Cross-domain system and product level technical leadership
- Drive architectural requirements for new customer feature requests
- High level architecture scoping initiatives and feature assessments
- Lead, develop, review, document product source code in C/C++
- Analyze, architect, and develop firmware per internal and external (customer) specifications
- Develop, review, document, and maintain product source code in C/C++
- Analyze and develop firmware per internal and external (customer) specifications
- Perform unit and system level testing including failure analysis and debug of product issues as part of development and validation phases
- Develop low-level firmware, system architectures, operating systems, device architectures, in partnership with hardware and ASIC design teams
- Cross multiple firmware disciplines to develop and grow across the entire SSD architecture
- Work with project stakeholders turning product requirements into development and validation plans
- Participate in and role model an Agile/Kanban development culture which emphasizes product quality, team accountability, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate priorities and activities with other engineering stakeholders to accomplish committed milestones
- The ability to listen, understand and respond professionally to partner questions and issues while building trust
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- A history of self-starting and effective multitasking, with strong influencing and leadership skills
SSD storage solutions
Solidignm's mission is to break the barriers blocking advancements in storage technology that are critical to unlocking data's unlimited potential. By reinventing how data is stored, accessed, and put to work in new ways, they empower their customers and unlock data's ability to do good.
- Customer-inspired - We listen and understand our customers' business and technology challenges, anticipating their needs and partnering to solve problems together.
- Invention - We're passionate inventors and technologists that partner to unlock the power of data to solve the world's greatest challenges and fuel human advancement.
- Excellence - We're committed to producing quality and responsible technologies and solutions with tenacity and integrity, demonstrating unparalleled discipline and expertise.
- Partnership - We prioritize relationships with our teammates, customers, partners, and communities, exhibiting trust and mutual respect.
- Openness - We treat people equitably and with respect, valuing different perspectives and new ideas.