2022 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 22,500 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler’s mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn’t this been done?
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time
Developer Advocate at Doppler:
We are looking for someone who is excited to expand the SecretOps market, and help developers understand, evaluate, adopt, and succeed with Doppler through technical knowledge sharing. This person is at the intersection of code, technical content, and community education and evangelism. Someone with a passion for enabling others to succeed through the creation of educational resources and community support and enablement.
Salary: $160,000 - $180,000 USD
You’ll spend your time:
- Educate and evangelize on Doppler and SecretOps through compelling technical sharing (Workshops, Coding challenges, How-to guides, Tutorials, Support articles, Feedback surveys, Blog posts, Video tutorials and more)
- Foster the growth of our developer community and expand our presence in adjacent developer communities
- Contribute to a content strategy for the team and develop your own great content across a variety of different media: blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets
- Be a public, developer-focused face of Doppler at conferences, community meetups, and customer events
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos and collaborate with our community of open-source contributors to develop new integrations for Doppler
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code
- Identify and pursue opportunities for events, programs, and other community-focused work that establishes trust with developers
- Proactively build out our and your brand through strong technical thought leadership
- Experience creating technical written content. This can be official product API or SDK documentation, open-source projects, READMEs, or tutorials for blogs
- Demonstrable experience in working within and supporting technical communities. This doesn’t mean you need to have been employed to serve a community. It’s more about being community-minded and being able to demonstrate your support and engagement with communities.
- Comfortable preparing and speaking at all levels, including workshops, webinars, conferences, and small group roundtables
- Interest in DevOps, Security, or both. To enable our customers and the community we need to help them get the most out of using Doppler.
- A comfort level with up to 25% travel
You should apply if you:
- You love being making developer successful
- Have experience in thriving and constructive developer communities (especially, but not limited to, infrastructure, Front-End, Devops, DevSecOps)
- Are at your best when thinking outside the box, innovating, and inspiring those around you
- Are a great remote communicator (verbal and written)
- Pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching
- Are comfortable preparing and presenting at all levels, including workshops, webinars, conferences, and small group roundtables.
- You treat documentation as a product and love creating educational content that enables others to succeed
- You believe that building and supporting great communities are fundamental to building great products
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have worked with developers or have a strong security background
- Have previous experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure, JS/TS, and Python
Where we are, and where you’ll be:
- We’re remote-first, with an office in downtown San Francisco. This position can be hired anywhere in the US.
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
We’ve built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don’t feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!