Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Telecom service platform & infrastructure
OXIO's mission is to connect the world through their platform that empowers brands and enterprises to instantly create their own personalized mobile experience. The company has created a 100 percent cloud-based solution that blends the wireless infrastructure of many providers, enabling something that wasn't possible before — a custom-purposed, asset-light network delivered to each brand in a matter of days.
Data & Analytics
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 20%
1 year growth↑ 28%
2 year growth↑ 74%
New York, NY, USA
DevOps & Infrastructure
- Experience in designing and building complex systems
- Knowledge of microservices and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with technologies such as Go, Rust, SQL, NoSQL, gRPC, REST, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GitLab, Python, and shell scripts
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Design and develop the mobile core for the Telecom-as-a-Service platform
- Detect and address bottlenecks in production systems
- Contribute to the engineering culture and raise the bar in technical excellence
- Learn and contribute to modernizing the telecom industry
- Collaborate with stakeholders to shape the technical direction of the product
- Experience in the telecom industry
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards
- Experience with APM tools
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of talented engineers solving the challenging problems coming from developing and operating the first global mobile network overlay. As an engineer on the R&D team, you will work on designing and building the components that go into our core network, including standard entities as defined by the 3GPP, and also their orchestration at a global level. Your goal will be to build complex systems, with state-of-the-art technologies and practices, that can scale to hundreds of millions of active network users and expose simple APIs to manage our global network.
Why We Need You
- Partner closely with stakeholders to shape the technical direction of our product
- Design and develop the mobile core our global Telecom-as-a-Service platform relies on
- Detect and address bottlenecks in our production systems as we grow our platform to hundreds of millions of end users
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and practices such as microservices and event-driven architectures
- Contribute to our engineering culture and continue to raise the bar in technical excellence
- Learn the ins-and-outs of operating highly available telecom networks from our team of telecom experts and contribute to modernizing the telecom industry
- Microservices in Go and Rust – come learn them with us if you don’t know them already!
- Data storage using SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (ScyllaDB, MongoDB, Redis)
- gRPC, REST, Kafka for inter-service communication and public APIs
- Docker and Kubernetes for our microservices deployments
- AWS for all things infra and managed services
- GitLab for version control and CI/CD
- Python and shell scripts for ops, one-off scripts, etc.
- ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana for our logs, and APM
Our Culture and Team
- We value diverse points of view and opinions, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability status or other defining characteristics
- We are all empowered to make decisions as long as we document them...… and we document as much as we can, for both current and new employees
- Once a decision has been agreed upon, we work together in the same direction
- We are an engineer-led company, including our CEO who has led 3 startups into successful exits
- Being a distributed team, some meetings are unavoidable but we’ve been happy with our “no-meetings-Wednesday” policy!
Still on the fence?
- We offer a competitive salary plus stock options
- Our engineers get a MacBook Pro
- Our offices are a place we enjoy sharing with our team, but we also support flexible work arrangements
- We have company sponsored team-lunches and company retreats
- We are an international organization, which enables you to work across boundaries, travel to different locations, and enjoy the dynamics of a rapidly growing startup