Posted on 2/9/2023
New York, NY, USA
- You are passionate about improving the user experience and have built and launched high-quality content and text editing products before
- You have 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams with a record of shipping high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive teams
- You are passionate about improving the user experience and have built and launched high-quality user-facing products
- You create team environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging-ones where engineers do their best work
- You value empathetic and direct communication enabling you to give and receive feedback effectively and create alignment cross-functionally or cross-teams
- You have a sufficiently deep background in product and technology to ask the right questions and think through different tradeoffs
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change. You enjoy jumping into whatever areas need attention and learning as you go
- You'll build and manage a diverse and inclusive team of engineers working on core parts of Notion's product. You'll create a healthy environment in your team that embodies Notion's values
- You'll recruit, coach, and develop engineers; you'll ensure engineers are regularly receiving feedback and are making progress on personal and professional goals
- You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional peers to set the direction of your team and develop your product roadmap
- You'll facilitate planning-the prioritization, sequencing, and staffing of work-for your team
- You'll own execution in your team to develop a steady cadence of delivering value to Notion users
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a high-quality bar for everything your team ships
- You'll work with the rest of the Engineering team to shape how Notion's engineering organization works-you'll help develop our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more
- You have shipped features that depend on CRDT/OT and are excited about new developments in the world of collaborative technologies
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change
- You have experience improving engineering and management practices and processes-e.g., code review, performance reviews, and levels and ladders-where they didn't exist before
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others-and understand why we're big fans of their work
Notion's mission is to make toolmaking ubiquitous. The company operates an all-in-one productivity platform that enables users to create tools and collaborate easily.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Mental health & wellbeing package
- Parental leave
- Fertility coverage
- Retirement matching
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly stipend
Company Core Values
- Be an owner of the mission: We’re driven by our commitment to empower every person on the planet to use software exactly the way they want.
- Be a pace setter: We move with urgency so we can set the cadence for our market, cover more ground, and ship more great products and programs for our users, faster.
- Be a truth seeker: We pursue the best data, ideas, and solutions with rigor and open-mindedness, always guided by our users’ most pressing needs.
- Be kind and direct: We deliver feedback in the spirit of helping our colleagues improve, balancing sensitivity with caring honesty. We’re in this together.