Senior Lighting Artist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Toronto, ON, Canada
- High proficiency of a major 3D software such as Unity, Maya, 3DS Max, Z-Brush, and Substance Painter
- Ability to create exciting worlds full of life and personality and a strong technical understanding of memory budgets and game pipelines
- Lighting and realtime lighting pipelines, rigging and animation
- Understanding of compositing and rendering methods (Render Setup) & shading models
- Proven experience in VFX and Gaming and strong knowledge of Maya and Nuke
- Work with Creative Directors, Supervisors, Leads, and Compositing team to ensure all elements reach the desired look and delivery
- Create and design lighting for complex scenes environments, look develop assets, animation files and FX elements
- Work closely with Engineering, Technical Artists and fellow artists to craft rich experiences for our Users and Clients
- Ability to identify problematic shots and sequences that may affect delivery schedules and communicate concerns to Production, Leads and Supervisors
- Lead all aspects of projects through from concept to completion with a high level of detail while maintaining shot quotas set by production and leads
- Professional experience prepping & delivering assets in Unity or other 3D engines
- Substance designer and level design or layout experience
- Advanced level of understanding of compositing and color theory
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.