Senior Digital Signal Processing
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Have a four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- Strong fundamentals in "signals and systems" (basic transforms, filters, aliasing, analysis in both continuous and discrete domains, interpolation, decimation, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in digital communications (modulation, coding, synchronization, fading, doppler, multiple access, channel capacity, etc)
- Familiar with software development (some experience writing software for DSPs, MCUs, and/or FPGAs)
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and constantly learning
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- 10+ years of experience
- Design signal processing for custom software defined radio hardware (ex. channelization, equalization, PA linearization, gain control, carrier synchronization, symbol mapping, framing, channel coding/FEC, etc)
- Work closely with FPGA developers to implement and test the signal processing on radio hardware
- Lead trade studies for new SDR architectures and support payload-wide R&D efforts
- Experience with satellite communication systems
- Experience with software defined radios
- Experience with GNU Radio
- Experience with Python
- Experience with FPGA development (and/or embedded C)
- Familiar with analog concepts (amplifiers, analog filters, gain and delay variation, reflections, compression, etc)
- Experience working with signal generator, signal analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.