Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 6/28/2022
Remote • United States
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Hands-on experience with big data technology in Spark
- Experience designing and building systems using AWS technologies (Lambdas, DynamoDB, EMR, Glue, S3)
- Experience optimizing the end-to-end performance of distributed systems
- Experience with scaling large production systems
- Experience designing data ETL pipelines
- Experience delivering high-scale production web services using modern frameworks across multiple technology stacks
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and help engineers to do the same
- Architect data systems that are resilient to disruptions and failures. Ensure high uptime for all data services and data pipelines
- Handle PBs of data to generate insights and enable analytics
- Build and scale (100x) next generation experimentation platform to support internal and external customers
- Participate in development of services and systems for gathering and analyzing experiment data
- Keep quality and performance bar of your team's code by performing code reviews and defining best practices
- Engage with engineers & leaders across GoDaddy to solve business and customer problems (from group-wide to company-wide)
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team
- Support junior engineers and interns
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and improving CI/CD processes especially with Git
- Experience in, or strong interest in internet scale Experimentation platforms
- Experience designing, building, and shipping backend systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access layers
- Experience building or contributing to data and machine learning platform
World's largest domain registrar
GoDaddy's mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. They do this by democratizing access to basic IT tools.
- 401k with generous employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Shares of GDDY stock through grants
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Professional development & tuition support
- Subsidized meals
- Employer-paid trip reduction expenses
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, the works
- Liberal time away to rest & recharge
- Family-friendly options like day care subsidy, paid parental leave, adoption assistance and fertility coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Benefits fairs, flu shots, wellness perks
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Company-wide celebrations and events: TechFest, Town Halls, picnics, holiday parties
- Team kudos and peer recognition programs
- Empower by GoDaddy matches charitable grants and offers volunteer opportunities
- Team-building and professional development
Company Core Values
- Ideas thrive here - You can’t change the world by playing it safe. We embrace innovative thinking and the big ideas it creates, and we celebrate when ideas become a reality.
- Pull together - Our collaborative focus transforms individual ideas and strengths into collective action and solutions. We don’t do silos, and small teams have the resources to tackle big problems.
- Your potential is boundless - With ample opportunity to learn, stretch and contribute, anyone in any role can grow into a better professional, colleague and person.
- We love to have a good time - We enjoy a good hike or happy hour just as much as a successful product launch, which is why employees get every chance to live passionately outside the office.
- Diversity drives us - To change the world for the better, we need a team as diverse as the entrepreneurs we empower around the world.
- We’re customer-obsessed - Our customers are creative people doing amazing things, and that inspires us every day. We do our best work because we know it impacts the success of entrepreneurs everywhere.