Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or physics
- 1+ years experience with CAD and FEA software packages (internship and extracurricular experience is applicable)
- 1+ years of hands on experience driving the design and development of mechanical components or systems (internship and project team experience is applicable)
- Leadership experience on an engineering or project team
- Experience designing components on a high-performance vehicle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with an emphasis on interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong ability to use data and analysis to make fast data driven decisions
- Willingness and desire to exemplify extreme ownership of flight critical spacecraft systems
- Proactive problem-solving skills such as failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE creation
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel to remote sites in Texas, Florida, and Central California as needed
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here here
- Own the design and development of mechanical spacecraft systems
- Perform analysis on designs including hand calculations, FEA, and CAD in a rapidly changing environment
- Lead design reviews internally and externally with suppliers and customers
- Be responsible for project delivery timeline from early design through production, launch, and recovery
- Exemplify technical excellence and be accountable for your work
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.