Sr. RFIC Engineer
Posted on 5/9/2022
Irvine, CA, USA • Redmond, WA, USA
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 6+ years of professional experience with RF/microwave integrated circuits
- PhD in electrical engineering with an emphasis in RF/microwave integrated circuits design or analog IC design
- 5+ years of experience using simulation tools such as ADS, Spectre, HFSS or Momentum
- Strong circuit design skills, and experience performing analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits such as phase-locked loops, vector modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, low noise and power amplifiers
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- Knowledge of RF transceiver architectures
- RF/microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band and Ka-band frequency range
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers
- Experience characterizing radio performance in microwave frequencies
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Simulate and model RFIC systems at high level and work with system architects, modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions between hardware and software domains
- Derive specifications for the RFIC subsytems and circuits
- Develop RF/microwave circuits in state of the art SiGe or CMOS processes
- Perform IC floor planning and layout
- Model package and external parasitic components
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes of the design
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance
- Assist in the development of automated test lab equipment for lab measurements
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing and qualification of the RFIC components and systems
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.