Mechanical Design Intern
Updated on 11/30/2023
Designs and manufactures specialty and access equipment
Oshkosh Corporation stands out as a global leader in designing and manufacturing specialty and access equipment, with a diverse portfolio of well-known brands and a team of over 14,000 dedicated members. The company's competitive advantage lies in its people-focused approach to innovation, sharing advances across its brands to create mission-critical equipment that positively impacts communities worldwide. The culture at Oshkosh is driven by a shared purpose of making a difference in people's lives, fostering a team-built environment that values the contribution of every member.
Industrial & Manufacturing
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 5%
Oshkosh, WI, USA
- Student working towards an associate degree in Mechanical Design or related field.
- Assist with engineering drawing, layout and/or electrical schematic preparation using computer aided design software
- Assist with Bill of Material creation
- Assist with the material selection for engineered parts
- Assist with the creation of dimension and tolerance drawings to ensure proper assembly fit
- Follow drafting standards and department policies
- Assist with engineering change notice preparation
- Experience with CATIA or other CAD design software
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing workload
- Flexible and adaptable to working under tight deadlines and/or changing needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.