Posted on 10/2/2022
Remote in USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Requires a Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Integrated Marketing Communications, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Sciences, or a related field and two years of work experience in the job offered or in a business analytics or computer-related occupation. Requires two years of experience in the following:
- Performing quantitative analysis including data mining on highly complex data sets
- Data querying language: SQL
- Scripting language: Python
- Statistical or mathematical software including one of the following: R, SAS, or Matlab
- Applied statistics or experimentation, such as A/B testing, in an industry setting
- Machine learning techniques
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Relational databases
- Large-scale data processing infrastructures using distributed systems
- Quantitative analysis techniques, including one of the following: clustering, regression, pattern recognition, or descriptive and inferential statistics
- Collect, organize, interpret, and summarize statistical data in order to contribute to the design and development of Meta products
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- May be assigned projects in various areas including, but not limited to, product operations, exploratory analysis, product influence, and data infrastructure
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- In connection with these duties, may apply knowledge of the following: Performing quantitative analysis including data mining on highly complex data sets, Data querying languages, such as SQL, scripting languages, such as Python, or statistical or mathematical software, such as R, SAS, or Matlab, Applied statistics or experimentation, such as A/B testing, in an industry setting, Communicating the results of analyses to product or leadership teams to influence strategy, Machine learning techniques, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, Relational databases, Large-scale data processing infrastructures using distributed systems, Quantitative analysis techniques, including clustering, regression, pattern recognition, or descriptive and inferential statistics
- Telecommute from anywhere in the U.S. (remote work benefit)
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.