Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Vulnerability Researcher to join our Cyber Security team. You will solve uniquely challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Get s#it done.
This position requires an active US Secret security clearance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Reverse engineering across many architectures and platforms, including x86/64, ARM, PowerPC, and others
- Researching operating system and application internals and understanding security strengths and weaknesses of those systems
- Developing on multiple platforms and adding functionality to undocumented interfaces
- Modeling in-memory compiled application behavior
- Understanding and developing mobile/embedded systems
- Understanding and developing kernel modules
- Participating in our extensive Vulnerability Research mentorship program
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Understanding of wireless networking and associated security protocols
- Strong understanding of modern exploit mitigations and bypasses
- Strong understanding of both security and network fundamentals and protocols
- Programming experience with both scripted (preferably Python3) and compiled (preferably C) languages
- Familiarity with one (or more) low level architecture (x86, ARM, etc)
- Experience with operating system internals and implementations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with customers.
- BS or Postgraduate degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- Experience with software protection and binary armoring
- Agile development experience
- Experience with low level iOS/Android development
- Experience with Hypervisors
- Malware analysis
- Constraint solving experience
- Machine learning experience
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.