We’re here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We’re creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we’re always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you’ll do work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we’ll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
Since March 2020, our Zoomers have worked remotely and reported an overall better work-life balance with more time for family and personal wellness.
At the end of 2021, LegalZoom made the official commitment to being a remote-first company. Remote-first means that there is no expectation that Zoomers come into an office for a fixed number of days outside of those employees identified as essential onsite workers. While we remain a remote-first culture, our local offices have evolved as collaboration spaces for Zoomers to meet and engage in person.
This position will be remote.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Lifecycle Marketing to join the LegalZoom Marketing organization. This leader will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be responsible for completely re-imagining the way we think about our lifecycle marketing. This means we need a leader, with a strong background in data, analytics and omni-channel lifecycle marketing journey orchestration to enhance our end to end consumer engagement with the goal of increasing conversion, retention and LTV. We are looking for a candidate that has experience revamping lifecycle technology and strategies to ensure we are delivering personalized communication to all of our customers through the most appropriate channel depending on their specific stage in the customer journey. Channels include email, text, notifications, sales and paid and this candidate will be accountable for building strong connections between these channels where data and information is shared across channels to enhance each message that is communicated to our customers. As an expert in the field, this will include identifying, by cohort, lifecycle roadmaps, personalization, and appropriate cross-sells, up-sells and win-backs based on the customer, and then work cross-functionally to lead and implement these efforts.
As a Senior Director, and leader in the company, you will also be responsible for helping to lead teams, foster talent, develop a high performing culture, and role model the values and principles of the organization.
- Improve customers satisfaction and lifecycle performance, leveraging a customer centric, data-driven and multi-channel approach to create omni-channel journeys that deliver the right message through the most appropriate channel at each stage of the customer journey
- Develop and deliver lifecycle marketing metrics and OKRs with a laser focus on data; measure and optimize the lifecycle marketing team’s direct influence on conversion rates, retention and LTV.
- Instill high velocity, insight driven testing and optimizations across all channels to accelerate lifecycle performance
- Lead development of data driven triggers and personalized communication at all stages of the customer journey
- Assess the current lifecycle tech stack and identify necessary enhancements needed to enable personalized communication across all channels
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and delivering on lifecycle revenue goals within approved budgets
- Lead the strategy and partner with the Brand & Creative team to enhance lifecycle marketing creative, copy and content
- Design audience strategy, identify and build customer segments to uncover and reach audience segments at the right time and place, along with right offers in their customer journey.
- Monitor and report on key lifecycle marketing metrics and have a clear understanding of performance drivers at any given time
- Ensure that lifecycle marketing campaigns are being sent error free and implement new quality assurance processes as needed
- Monitor blocklists, unsubscribes, churn, deliverability and other related metrics to protect health of the database
- Effectively communicate with business leads, product, creative, partners and other cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Foster the growth of the lifecycle marketing team including mentorship of direct reports to drive professional growth, governance of programs to ensure scalable best practices, and provide direction to guide the execution activities.
- 10+ years CRM and lifecycle marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience leading CRM programs in a D2C subscription model
- Experience in scaling, and transforming customer engagement strategies to make them more personalized and connected across all channels
- Expert knowledge with all technology tools that can enhance our lifecycle strategy including but not limited to CRM platforms, CDPs, journey tools, and recommendation engines
- Deep experience developing and implementing cohort-based lifecycle roadmaps and customer engagement triggers based on personalization mechanics
- Strong sense of ownership to drive key business metrics and company growth
- Proven ability to manage and maintain strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships across multiple teams (product, BI, data, design, etc.) and an ability to coordinate timely feedback and approvals
- Strong data, critical thinking and analytical skills with proven ability to translate performance metrics into actionable insights
- Ability to navigate and lead by influence across departments to build consensus around critical initiatives with a bias towards action
- Leadership experience including the ability to build and grow a team and to collaborate and influence teams to drive positive business performance and results
- Strong motivation, presentation and communications skills including experience working closely with senior leadership (c-suite)
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams. Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation with new initiatives that fuel growth
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
LegalZoom is a remote-first company and the national range for this role is ($163,800 - $280,800). Actual compensation offered will depend on several factors including but not limited to: geographic location, work experience, education, skill level, and/or other business and organizational needs. In addition, an annual bonus, incentive bonus and/or restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package. You will also receive a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits as seen below.
●Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
●401k, With Matching Contributions
●Paid Time Off
●Health Savings Account (HSA)
●Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
●Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
●Plus other wellness benefits to include:
○Wellness reimbursement of up to $250
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.