6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 18%
2 year growth↑ 186%
- Experience in B2B SaaS space
- Experience working with IT, Security, GRC or similar technical buyers
- Experience leading teams that have sold to companies +1000
- Familiarity with Salesforce hygiene and lead management
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability, grit, and empathy
- Drive a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team
- Provide training and development to the team
- Take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture
- Help evolve clear and measurable goals for the SDR team aligned with overall sales and business objectives
- Continuously evaluate and optimize sales development processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Content, Marketing, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound & inbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts
- Committed to our customer’s success long after the initial hand-off to sales
- Nimble and want to be in a start-up environment
- Familiarity with sales technology tools to streamline workflows and enhance the productivity of the team
In 2011, Mark Andreessen famously said, “Software is eating the world.” 10+ years later, software hasn’t just nibbled, it has indulged in a lavish ten-course feast at a Michelin star restaurant. From Slack to Zoom to Figma, software is embedded in every company’s DNA. And while most just get to enjoy the benefits, there is one unsung hero behind it all: 🦸♀️ IT 🦸♀️
While being flooded with never ending IT tickets, they are also making sure Guy Fieri in Sales doesn’t buy yet another tool “promising” a 103% lead conversion rate. And burying themselves in spreadsheets to prepare the SOC2 report for when Gordon Ramsey from the Big 4 comes knocking. And can’t forget about Julia Child, the newest on-call engineer, who needs access to prod DB to investigate an incident. All of these workstreams are among spreadsheets, emails, Slack messages, and Zoom calls. But those days are numbered.
✨ Let there be Lumos ✨
Lumos is building the first AppHQ for companies. In essence, we are creating the meta app, the source-of-truth for companies to manage all their apps.
- 🚀 Rocketship Growth: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 brilliant minds across Canada, the United States and South America. Our customer base has more than 10x’d with some pretty incredible names like SiriusXM, GitHub, and Intercom.
- 📈 Backed by Industry Leaders: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has backed us since the beginning. We have a team of trusted advisors including Joel De La Garza (partner at a16z and previous Chief Security Officer at Box) and Leland Maschmeyer (the design thinker behind Spotify and Microsoft)
- ⭐ Grow with us: You have the chance to be one of the first 100 people at Lumos. At Lumos, you will build your function from the ground up, get exposure to different aspects of the business developing a diverse skill set, and most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to pave your own path.
We are rewriting the IT playbook, one that better reflects our software eaten world.
✨ Your Role
As our Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager your role is to to lead and elevate a dynamic sales development team to overachieve the sales team and company objectives. Your job is threefold: (1) Drive a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Providing training and development to the team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs, while working with sales leadership and cross functional partners to achieve our company goals.
- Mission Driven: You have a passion for helping customers solve problems that truly add value. We’re on a mission to become the AppHQ platform for companies and you gain joy in working towards a common goal of delivering on a promise rooted in building a product that will fundamentally change how IT and security work.
- People Developer: You are driven by helping experienced and new SDRs maximize their strengths, improve their areas of opportunity, and develop each person based on their individual motivations
- Team Leader: Foster a positive and collaborative team culture. Encourage continuous learning, creativity, and a results-oriented mindset, while driving towards a common goal, both in team and 1:1 settings.
- Strategic planning: Help evolve clear and measurable goals for the SDR team aligned with overall sales and business objectives. Formulate and execute effective sales development strategies to maximize lead generation and pipeline growth.
- Process Optimization: Continuously evaluate and optimize sales development processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Leverage sales technology tools to streamline workflows and enhance the productivity of the team.
- Collaboration: Be the eyes and ears for Lumos SDR team - Work in collaboration with Sales, Content, Marketing, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound & inbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Deep Caring: For your team and customers. Committed to our customer’s success long after the initial hand-off to sales. You’re continually looking to capture feedback on how we can improve as the initial point of contact for a prospects experience with Lumos.
Additional Items that will set everyone up for success:
- Strong communication skills, operate with ethics, adaptability, grit and empathy
- Experience working with IT, Security, GRC or similar technical buyers a plus
- Have lead teams that have sold to companies +1000 and know how to navigate buying process at larger organizations
- Nimble and want to be in a start-up environment where resources still need to be built or refined
- Team Salesforce hygiene and lead management rigor, you know the details and tools that will help your team win
Base $120-150k, OTE $180-225k. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
🙌 What We Value
We’re looking for an SDR Leader with experience in the B2B SaaS space. Having said this, we care much more about your motivation and vision to rethink and transform the sales experience in our industry, than we care just about your CV.
Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
Thanks for considering Lumos! 🎉
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan