Director – Financial Operations
Posted on 11/22/2022
Remote in USA • Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 12+ years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury Operations, including experience building, leading, and scaling high performance teams
- 5+ years of leadership experience driving highly performing teamed with measurable and sustained success
- Strong operational background with an understanding of best practices around organizational process design, measurement, and management
- Deep knowledge of payments systems and flows across fiat and crypto rails
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly
- Established ability to build new processes and workflows as needed
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of coding language(s) (Python, R, etc.) are preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Business related field
- Building and scaling a global best-in-class Financial Operations function to support 24/7 crypto and fiat currency flows, including organizational strategy and design, and recruiting key talent
- Optimizing the design and operation of all global banking relationships including contributing to selection of strategic partners to help drive further adoption of USDC and other stablecoins
- Developing and implementing a global foreign exchange platform and strategy for crypto and fiat payments
- Partnering closely with internal functions such as Product and Engineering to ensure that new products and services incorporate key operational features and functionality
- Testing and improving payment operations architecture resiliency to ensure continued operations
- Across unplanned and unexpected events
- Continuously evaluating the efficacy of internal processes to ensure robust controls and lead enhancements to mitigate risks where necessary
- Leveraging and optimizing crypto payment rails to facilitate payments solutions that create value for merchants and their end users
- Developing and track Key Performance Indicators for measuring the success and performance of the Financial Operations function
- Supporting new lines of business as they are established and scaled with robust operational architecture
- Leading evaluation and implementation of automation solutions for relevant processes to minimize manual reporting and process flows
- Automating operational process flow to maximize efficiency and minimize errors and manual process
- Driving partnership with internal stakeholders to develop a leading data strategy that allows timely and accurate reporting and decision making
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.