Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is seeking a Communications Manager to join our Brand & Communications team! This role will drive the development and implementation of a forward-looking comprehensive communications program that aligns with our internal and external business objectives. As an early communications team member, you will directly impact a fast-growing company’s marketing communication initiatives, enabling digital asset adoption for the global economy.
We’re seeking a Communications and Social Media expert to join our team and help take TaxBit to the next level. This is a unique opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual with a deep understanding of the fintech landscape to drive significant impact and play a key role in our growth and success.
Reporting directly to the VP of Brand & Communications, you will have the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders and make a real impact on the future of our company.
- Social Media // Events // Communications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create integrated + forward-looking social media campaigns, promotions, and initiatives
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics and KPIs, providing actionable insights to optimize performance and drive continuous improvement
- Develop strategy and oversee events, including webinars, conferences, trade shows, and meetups, to promote our brand and establish thought leadership in fintech
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop event concepts, themes, and messaging that aligns with our brand and business objectives
- Maintain communications, events and social media calendar sharing cross-team as needed
- Coordinate post-event follow-up and analysis to measure the success and ROI of each event
- Manage reputational issues through sound communications plans and strategies
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team (SaaS/startup experience is a plus!)
- Strong understanding of social media management tools, algorithms, platforms, and analytics tools
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful social media campaigns
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills – embrace clear and concise communication while eliminating hyperbole
- Owners mindset – you take pride in your work from start to finish
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can be comfortable navigating shifting priorities
- Collaborative working style: Our team is small and agile, but we support each other to finish company initiatives
- A creative and strategic thinker with a passion for making a difference
- Able to manage numerous projects with competing deadlines
- A strong writer
- Collaborative self-starter
- Confident working cross-functionally with colleagues from our creative, strategy, data, delivery, and operations crafts
- Obsessed with driving impact and can take ownership of tactics and outcomes and measure results
- Driven by clear and concise communication, with attention to detail
The base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $136,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.