Posted on 3/20/2023
- Have demonstrated the ability to lead a technical team
- Have a strong individual engineering skill set. You will go through roughly the same interview process as our individual contributors, with additional interviews for manager skills
- Be familiar with our tech stack (specifically, Haskell, and TypeScript), or have an interest in learning it
- Be interested or experienced in helping ecommerce businesses succeed
- Ensure a team of ~6-8 engineers executes at a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Create a fulfilling environment for engineers
- Have the confidence and competence to give feedback to engineers of all skill levels
- Continue to hone your own engineering craft, by spending a portion of your time coding
- Align engineering work with Mercury values
- Onboard new engineering hires
- Work alongside other product experts to pick the highest impact projects
- Collaborate with other teams when work overlaps, ideally to achieve a more cohesive product and simpler, more maintainable underlying technical implementation
- Balance building new things with maintaining existing systems
- Provide technical mentorship such as PR reviews, pair programming, and virtual whiteboarding
- Empower your team to thrive and contribute to making Mercury's product reliable, beautiful, and useful
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Health, dental, & vision
- Custom equipment setup
- 401(K) matching
- 12+ weeks paid parental leave
- Book budget
- Wellness benefits
- Grocery budget
- Paid lunch
- Personalized callsign
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimum)
Company Core Values
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.