Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Senior Software Engineer position will report to the Lead Software Engineer, Software Lifecycle and will support tooling and processes used for the development of Outrider’s software stack. This position requires software development experience, critical thinking, attention to detail, and the ability to learn in unstructured environments. This role will be part of a focused, talented, and growing team working to facilitate the rapid development of a complex robotic product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve efficiency and quality of software development via tooling and processes
- Design and implement tooling and processes for robotics software application deployment
- Drive standardization of development and deployment environments using Docker
- Automate code quality enforcement and application deployment using GitLab CI
- 5-7 years professional software experience
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise with Docker
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience with Python
- Experience managing AWS cloud resources
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/EE or related field
- Deep understanding of Git and versioning models
- Experience with GitLab CI
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with system security and cloud networking
- Exposure to ROS or other middleware
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone’s opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.