Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
Platform Science’s Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is hiring an Android Engineer focused on innovating future transportation HMI systems for vehicles using Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and Android Automotive (AAOS). Reporting to the Sr. Architect in ATG, and working with a team of passionate colleagues, you will play a key role in shaping the future of our company.
You will be responsible for features that directly impact the driver and fleet experience, focused on making intuitive, safe, smart and scalable solutions. You will collaborate with Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Platform Science’s core Android team to deliver proven architectural concepts and prototypes to pave the company’s roadmap. You are familiar with Android best practices and have your finger on the pulse of the latest capabilities in OS and patch releases.
- 5+ years experience in Android development
- Experience working with: Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Room or SQLite DBs
- Experience working with RESTful and/or GQL APIs
- Good knowledge of MVVM, Dependency Injection, Flows, and Coroutines
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, and e2e test for Android apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A solid portfolio of experience building Enterprise mobile applications
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies and implement proof-of-concepts
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like unit testing, code review, design patterns, etc
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Android Automotive
- Cloud native development in to AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Hardware development
- PHP, Node, JS, TS, Python, or Golang
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $118,655 and $196,100. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.