Product Analytics Manager
Posted on 2/24/2023
New York, NY, USA
- You are extremely analytical and comfortable with a variety of datasets, format structures and tools
- You have the ability to zoom into data to understand it deeply, putting on a “data architect” hat as needed to work with developers - but you also can zoom out to objectively evaluate which metrics matter with good business sense
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to be calm under pressure
- You take a phased approach to product analytics and paint the vision for where we're going in an inspiring way, while also pragmatically working on key deliverables on a quarterly basis
- You are an empathetic and approachable manager, willing to get into the details and coach the team when needed - but are also an active listener who values their teams' input
- You have product analytics & management experience across B2C and B2B SaaS platforms
- You have experience building out dashboards and metrics frameworks - and an ability to go end to end from definition to delivery
- In partnership with the team, create a clear charter for the team and define roles/responsibilities
- Define the product metrics framework for each of our persona products (rider, driver, operator); define the key north star metrics that will demonstrate our product health, provide deep insights into user behavior that drives our product & feature investment. Conduct A/B tests as needed to better inform decision-making from these metrics
- Identify key priorities and the process by which we will derive metrics - this includes identifying key data pipelines, setting the bar for quality and fidelity and identifying the reliability of each metric
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Data team in Tel Aviv that maintains our data systems of record and partner together in developing product metrics
- Identify strategic analytics projects that inform better decision-making and help us deliver better products or even invest in new ones
- Develop and maintain dashboards that are useful at the analyst level but also at the executive level for business-oriented decision-making
- Develop clear swim lanes between product & partner reporting, partner with other data science teams at Via, establish transparency and swim lanes for smoother operations
- Having an education in Engineering, Statistics, or Data Analytics is a plus, but not required
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.