Go-To-Market Finance & Strategy
Posted on 12/20/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of applicable experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity firm, FP&A, revenue operations or related roles
- Experience and strong command of the SaaS and/or enterprise software business models business model and relevant metrics; experience working with sales teams
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, exhibits eagerness to learn, and has a bias toward action
- Is a thoughtful collaborator and great listener who is keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong cross-functional relationships, and driving even stronger outcomes
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including skills in PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Shows high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving via advanced financial modeling, synthesizing actionable insights, and presenting clearly to senior management
- Comfortable with handling large disparate sets of data
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, SQL, ERP software, and other sales productivity software
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic, sometimes unstructured, and hyper-growth environment
- Experience in managing teams a plus, but not required
- Collaborate closely with our CRO, Head of Revenue Operations, and executives throughout the sales, marketing and finance organizations to perform Go-To-Market wide financial and strategic analyses, as well as building processes that are foundational to future points of scale for the Smartsheet business
- Serve as a thought partner to GTM business leaders on their strategic and operational decision making
- Manage the company's understanding of cost to book, and continuously identify leverage points to optimize
- Guide and develop finance talent on your team, while bringing a growth mindset yourself to learn and develop
- Partner with WWFO FP&A business partners on financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance and optimize for both growth and ROI
- Implement and evolve processes and models to scale our finance team; support company-wide strategic planning and forecasting processes in a manner that is both efficient and effective
- Collaborate on pricing and discounting guidelines
- Help build a data-driven culture within finance, as well as improve the velocity of decision-making through research and complex data analyses on our core product, GTM and financial metrics
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.