We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang relies on technology to provide on-time, fast delivery of products to customers every day. Data, Integration & Orchestration Systems (DIOS) organization optimizes the real-time distribution of customer orders to FCs nationwide and supports the most efficient order fulfillment process. Building highly available and scalable systems to handle billions of order & delivery transactions and support Coupang’s rapidly growing Product Commerce business is a complex architectural challenge. We are responsible for delivering products to millions of online shopping customers by improving order reconciliation with technology. To deliver on this challenge, we are looking for an experienced and passionate engineering leader can drive direction on technology, design and build large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software solutions. The ideal candidate will have excellent engineering skills, business sense, and rich experience leading the build of extensible and scalable solutions to solve complex business features.
What You Will Do
- Lead and drive architecture design of DIOS systems for scale, future extensibility, and reliability.
- Envision and drive alignment with stakeholders of the appropriate roadmap and future direction of technology for DIOS.
- Navigate and alleviate technical obstacles and blockers at the organizational level
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, providing mechanisms for the teams to prioritize ruthlessly and “move with urgency”.
- Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services, or technologies.
- Write code when necessary to lead by example and help with high priority projects.
- Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams in a fast-moving environment.
- 7+ years of experience in developing and operating backend services and web applications.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Strong familiarity developing with Java and the Spring Framework as well as experience in an AWS environment.
- Extensive experience in managing mission critical services with high throughput and low latency.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to define mission, vision, and roadmaps.
- Experience partnering with product and program management teams.
- Solid engineering skills as a lead engineer to coach and lead high performing software engineers and keep them motivated.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to shepherd communication with end users, technical & business teams to collect requirements, describe product features, and develop technical designs to achieve business goals.
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering practices & patterns for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and live site operations.
- Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $184,590 / year in our lowest geographic market to $342,810 / year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].