Graphics and USD Architect
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA
- Passionate rendering enthusiasts who are good humans and care to work in a collaborative, supportive, thriving team
- Deep understanding of USD and using USD to drive feature production pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of graphics and content creation workflows for VFX or real-time content creation pipelines
- Excellent familiarity with the modern engine systems and rendering architectures and experience of working on real-world productions including 5+ years of professional VFX/Animation pipeline and/or games production development experience
- Mentor and provide expert guidance and leadership for USD architecture in the field within Unity and with the industry at large
- Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors
- Design, coordinate cross-departmental approval, implement, maintain, and document new USD schemas, file format plugins, and other USD extensions to support integration with the Unity pipeline and toolset
- Coordinate with production and R&D partners to deploy and integrate new USD features, asset model changes, and pipeline tools
- Supervise the public development of USD and coordinate and advocate for production adoption of new USD versions and schemas
- Coordinate open-source releases of Unity's USD schemas or tools if any and pull requests to the USD project
- Analyze and iteratively improve Unity's Artist tools USD representation to support new USD features, new schemas, and updated requirements of content creation
- Familiarity with commercial Animation / VFX tools DCC's (Maya, Houdini, etc)
- First-hand experience with content creation pipelines for graphics content and working with artists on real-world productions
- In-depth knowledge of photorealistic rendering techniques (Physically-Based Rendering, Real-Time Ray Tracing, Global Illumination, Computational Geometry, MIS, and more)
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.