Posted on 10/4/2022
- Manipulate big data by querying, subsetting, aggregating, and transforming data from job postings, resumes, and public and third-party sources
- Use SQL and Python to access and manipulate our data
- Integrate (join or merge) internal and external datasets to enable robust analyses
- Compare summary statistics on supply and demand across industries and geographies
- Construct indices to measure labor market concepts such as innovation and digitization
- Perform trend analyses to measure changes in job characteristics over time
- Write custom data queries to identify emerging jobs and skills
- Generate first drafts of client-ready outputs in Excel and PowerPoint
- Contribute to written reports on research outcomes
- Work with designers to develop reports, websites, or other collateral
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Present research to the Applied Research team and other Lightcast teams
- Deliver successful outcomes for clients through on time execution of assigned tasks and project milestones
- Contribute to positive team dynamics by participating in team-building activities and being a supportive colleague
- Contribute to the company's growth by joining internal projects, such as those that develop data models for new products and initiatives
- Contribute to tool and project documentation, such as summarizing overall project methodology and detailing steps to facilitate reproducibility
- Demonstrate professionalgrowth in research sophistication, client-readiness, and team leadership
- Growth is expected in a majority of the following areas:
- Contribute to increasingly complex project assignments
- Perform more advanced queries and analyses
- Contribute to novel research methodologies
- Develop domain-specific knowledge that corresponds to Applied Research project areas
- Achieve advanced proficiency in data visualization
- Demonstrate strong client-facing presentation skills
- Develop project management capabilities
- Identify and capture client and stakeholder needs and integrate client and stakeholder input to maximize project value
- Assume more client- or stakeholder-management responsibilities
- Collaborate across teams at Lightcast, for example connecting research to work in Ontology or Product
- Lead internal projects, such as those that strengthen the Applied Research team or advance internal research initiatives
- Lead external, client-facing projects that form an important part of an overall client engagement
- Identify areas of interest and develop goals for professional development
Economic development agency
Emsi's mission is to use data to drive economic prosperity.
- Work/life balance - We offer flexible work schedules that allow you a great work-life balance. We believe a healthy balance between home and the office best equips you to succeed in today’s world.
- Vacation - Right off the bat, you receive two weeks of paid vacation time every year. These two weeks increase up to four, based on the longevity of your employment.
- Health & wellness - Medical, dental, and vision coverage? You got it. For you and your dependents? You bet! We also provide 401K, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
- Parental leave - Emsi is a family-friendly workplace. New mothers receive six weeks of paid leave and fathers receive two weeks so families can take the time to enjoy their new additions!
- Holidays - Emsi offers over two weeks of paid holidays a year. We also close the office from Dec. 25th to Jan 1st.
Company Core Values
- Work with Gratitude - We always lead and work with a sense of gratitude
- Partner with Customers - We relentlessly serve our customers
- Operate as a Team - We have fun, win, and celebrate our success together
- Sustain our Company - We operate a profitable, growing company