Posted on 10/19/2022
Guelph, ON, Canada
- College Diploma in Materials Management or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing/assembly/production planning and scheduling
- Direct experience in Supply chain and expediting experience with ERP systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suits, with a focus on MS Excel
- Determine production priorities based on customer release requirements, available inventories, labour and machine capacities
- Design daily and weekly production schedules based on customer needs, availability of raw materials, labour and equipment
- Analyze customer needs, capacity utilization requirements
- Monitor performance to the schedule and assists manufacturing in resolving issues affecting schedule attainment
- Monitor, measure and report on production delivery performance to a) business requirements, b) initial promise date
- Reconciles and closes completed job orders in the BPCS system
- Liaise with customer service regarding ship date expectations and expedite requests using component delivery dates and production lead times. Request component expedite/air freight where necessary to meet expectations
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, Sales and Shipping to monitor production inventory levels necessary to meet short-term goals and corporate goals. Provide ship dates to Customer Service
- Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of the Capacity Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning, and job planning and scheduling applications, with the support of IT
- Lead or assist in problem resolution and development of service improvements
- Expedite at risk production/ capacity issues
- Revise schedules to meeting changing needs
- Experience in a manufacturing unionized and non-unionized environment in the pump industry
- Detailed technical knowledge of Xylem's products, design and manufacturing capabilities and thorough knowledge of pricing policies and procedures
- Designated CPIM or working towards CPIM designation by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential