Print Optimization Engineer
Posted on 3/7/2023
Cambridge, MA, USA
- Push the capabilities of our printers and materials. Optimize settings to achieve the best performances and properties
- Develop and own process optimization to improve user experience across materials portfolio and printers
- Work across internal teams to implement improvements and release new and updated settings
- Diagnose and troubleshoot print setting-related challenges, provide setting guidance to internal teams, and decide on setting updates to improve print and/or material performance
- Have experience with process optimization, experimental design and data analysis
- Have a strong sense of ownership with great attention to details and quality
- Strive to maximize customer values
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- Can work autonomously and take initiatives to learn new skills to complete an objective
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python
- Familiar with mechanical design and CAD modeling
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering discipline (all are welcome)
- Understand material properties and characterization
- Participated in the release of a new product
- Experience with additive manufacturing
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Company Core Values
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.