Software Engineer Intern (Bay Area)
Posted on 12/22/2021
Data Structures & Algorithms
- We are offering a 12-week (June to August) summer internship program for software engineers in 2022. The program is designed to give students actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science an opportunity to write software and interact with others in a real-world business environment
- You will be part of our Product Development team, either at our new headquarters in San Mateo, CA, where you will work with a dedicated mentor and other fellow interns on a software project that adds value to our mission here at Guidewire
- Guidewire is an Agile development shop: we do iterative development, break features into stories, work in priority order, encourage pair programming and more. Our focus is to make the highest quality software for our customers and deliver it on time. We spend quality time focusing on software development as a craft. If you intern here, you will collaborate with teammates, mentors, and stakeholders while learning what it means to be a professional software engineer
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Computer Science, with an expected graduation date of Spring 2023
- Programming in Java, or any modern OO programming language
- Algorithms and object-oriented design
- Agile, Test-driven development
- Cloud native infrastructure - (scripting, AWS services like EKS, Aurora/RDS, VPC
- Back end technologies - RESTful API concepts, Microservices
- Web-based applications and technologies
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.