Staff AWS Cloud Engineer
Posted on 8/24/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- 2+ years experience utilizing AWS which must include CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53. Control Tower, Transit Gateway, AWS Organizations desired
- 2+ years experience using Python and Git with agile and git-flow principles
- 2+ years of software architecture experience
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services
- Linux administration skills
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications
- AWS serverless application development experience using Lambda, API Gateway, and Amplify
- AWS data pipeline experience using S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Map Reduce, and Lake Formation
- AWS account governance experience using Organizations, Service Catalog and Control Tower
- AWS IoT experience
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization
- Windows Server administration and PowerShell scripting experience
- AWS Security experience using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and Macie
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with AWS products
- Lead development of Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs
- Use CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Direct, handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS
- Work with vendors to design HA deployments of off-the-shelf software on AWS
- Develop Python functions deployed in AWS Lambda with AWS SAM
- Mentor, coach and assist development teams with AWS solutions, best practices and documentation
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog
- Build fully automated CI/CD processes using Gitflow and CodePipeline
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes
- Be a creative and dynamic cross-functional technical leader with the endurance for a fast-paced start-up environment
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team