Sr. Operations Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Cape Canaveral, FL, USA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience with system integration or system design requirement gathering and testing
- Professional experience working directly with various U.S. government agencies, including but not limited to: Federal Aviation Administration, United States Space Force, United States Navy, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience working with Range Commanders Council (RCC), Universal Documentation System (UDS) and Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) operations
- 10+ year(s) of professional experience with system integration or system design requirement gathering and testing (past work experience, internships, team/personal projects with aerospace vehicles/payloads, automotive, aircraft, marine assemblies qualify)
- Experience in writing test plans and test procedures
- Ability to rapidly change roles and responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Ability to work well in a team environment and ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work at elevated heights and/or tight spaces
- Must be willing to travel, potentially for extended periods of time
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends when required by mission milestones
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Support development of tool and techniques for range and launch operations to reduce processing time, costs and opportunities for error
- Lead interdepartmental coordination with external entities to ensure all regulatory requirements are met to successfully launch an orbital class launch vehicle
- Validate and verify range requirements for federal installation documentation; develop/manage applicable range tasking documentation such as task order requests (TOR), requirements statements (RS) and universal documentation system (UDS)
- Provide program management on contract agreements with government agencies and commercial contractors for range support services
- Implement the safety policies by managing the day-to-day interactions required for flight hardware processing flows from an external safety organization perspective
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.