Java Software Engineer
Cloud Data Platform, San Mateo, CA
Posted on 1/9/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing scalable enterprise level back end solutions
- Proven skills and Hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi-threading, REST, Data Caching Services, DB schema design and data access technologies
- Experience rolling out distributed, large-scale, low latency applications
- Understand security concepts and build reliable and safe distributed applications
- Solid knowledge of applications performance improvement techniques and caching solutions
- Ability to successfully multi-task and support multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge understanding or Experience in high volume streaming frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Flink technologies is plus
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform
- AWS (EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis)
- Building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure
- We're drawn to continuous learners who not only ask questions to understand, but who find the answers, too. If you also like using your team-working skills to mentor and lead others, let's talk
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.