Data Engineering Manager
Posted on 8/15/2022
Fremont, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Remote in USA • Durham, NC...
- 6+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing
- Experience scaling and managing 3+ person teams
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects
- Project management experience
- Data architecture experience
- Experience in SQL
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across a product vertical, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing team and design the team to scale
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, User Experience Researchers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Manage data warehouse plans across a product vertical
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage the development of data resources and support new product launches
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production
- Development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Experience in Enterprise and Recruiting Products
- Experience with building scalable data solutions
- Experience with Hive, Spark or Presto, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), and/or relational database management systems
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.