Service Operations Manager
Posted on 11/10/2022
Richmond, VA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to have a direct impact on scalability in a complex organization
- Effectively manage remote service teams and a driver of people performance
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with a focus in operational excellence
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience, including advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact
- Proven ability to effectively handle and adapt to multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Automotive Technical skills preferred
- Able and flexible to travel as needed
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Experience in leading automotive or high-tech team-orientated, fast-paced work environment
- Understanding of problem-solving methods such as SWOT Analysis, Lean implementations, Six Sigma operational and Visual Management standards preferred
- Provide the world's best of the best in customer service rivaling any industry
- Accountable for effectively managing a P&L, Work in Progress (WIP) and customer experience measured by a Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Lead and manage all local operations on the ground with a servant-leadership, hands-on mindset
- Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Rivian's objectives
- Manage and be accountable for high value inventory reconciliation
- Collaborate with Service Operations, Sales, Retail, and Delivery & Field Operations teams
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams regularly on implementing and continuously improving field service operations
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate logistics and meetings with internal teams and external parties
- Build a strong customer-centric team of Mobile/Service Technicians, Service Advisors, and Parts Advisors
- Lead and take ownership of management responsibility relating to hiring, performance management, and overall employee development planning
- Build a Rivian culture that is inclusive, and maintain high levels of team morale
- Responsible for ensuring the establishment of safe service business practices and processes
- Follow and promote Rivian's high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization
- Develop and maintain a process to track and report on KPI's at the Service Centers
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team