Sr. Controls Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- A Bachelor of Science or higher degree either in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering focused on controls, mechatronics, or similar
- Strong first principles background
- Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
- 4+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
- 4+ years of experience with embedded development using C
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Design algorithms to control body systems, including lighting, closures, heating and driver states
- Continually push technology to lead and define the new state of art for control and system simulation
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define vehicle, sub-system and component requirements
- Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test
- Collaborate with low voltage electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and on the vehicle
- Define and implement software unit tests, HIL, and vehicle tests
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team