This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Engineering Manager, Development
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for building a new team from the ground up. This will involve hiring, mentoring and coaching a cross-functional team developing payment and financial solutions for our merchants. You are comfortable streamlining the team’s engineering operations, refining product requirements together with product and merchants and encouraging effective collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Lead complex technical projects from requirements analysis through design, implementation, testing and launch into production.
- Coordinate and collaborate across teams and time zones to prioritize your team’s backlog and get projects over the finish line.
- Be the technical advocate for your team when working closely together with the product teams to define the strategy and goals.
- Hire, manage and coach a team of developers located in Chicago.
- Maintain an inclusive team culture focused on autonomy, ownership, collaboration, communication, and impact.
- Responsible for defining the team’s collaboration practices to ensure we maintain speed and focus in delivering high quality products.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
Who you are:
- Experienced in growing, managing and coaching a team of developers.
- Experienced with either Java- or Kotlin-based applications.
- Able to clearly communicate about technical concepts to non-developers.
- Someone who can inspire and coach a team to increase confidence, challenge the status quo and be globally connected.
- Experienced in leading technical projects in a fast paced environment.
- Balancing ‘launch fast and iterate’ in a way where momentum does not get in the way of tying up loose ends.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.