We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Segmentation team. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on our customers’ ability to search and segment data within our platform. You will collaborate with the team to enhance underperforming queries while providing oversight and expertise to implement the next iteration of our Segmentation product!
What your day could consist of:
- Write, test, and document code for our Segmentation service to deliver solutions to our customers.
- Analyze queries produced by our Segmentation Query Engine and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Evaluate, test, and implement improvements identified.
- Identify assistive technologies to improve our existing services, or new service opportunities.
- Guide teammates to write and implement more performant database transactions.
- Document and educate on best practices.
What is needed:
- Minimum 6 years of industry experience with data pipelines & datastores like Kafka, SQL, MySQL.
- Extensive experience in creating and tuning high performance queries.
- High level of proficiency in data design and efficient retrieval patterns.
- Mastery of enterprise integration patterns and asynchronous communication.
- Strong level of proficiency with Java and SpringBoot.
- Adept with monitoring tools, such as Loki, Grafana, Datadog, New Relic etc.
- Experience delivering highly-scalable, containerized services hosted in AWS; Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passion for mentoring and educating fellow engineers through pairing and code reviews.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.