About AQR Arbitrage
AQR Arbitrage is a joint venture with and affiliate of AQR Capital Management, LLC. AQR Arbitrage was founded in 2001 by Mark Mitchell and Todd Pulvino, who are former professors at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Harvard University. AQR Arbitrage focuses solely on the research and portfolio management of arbitrage and corporate event strategies while leveraging AQR’s infrastructure for all other investment management functions. AQR Arbitrage is in the same location as AQR for seamless integration at the headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
At AQR Arbitrage, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Arbitrage is seeking a talented and motivated software developer to join our front-office engineering team. Our engineering team works directly with researchers and portfolio managers to create tools for our Convertible Arbitrage and Event-Driven strategies. In this role, you will design, build, and support cloud-based services that manage data from a variety of sources and help the investment team implement our arbitrage strategies. The ideal candidate can demonstrate aptitude and experience in working with data and building full-stack applications in a service-oriented ecosystem.
- Learning the strategies and investment mindset of the organization
- Working with portfolio managers to design and build tools for new and existing strategies
- Data collection, processing, and persistence
- Portfolio optimization and trade generation
- Internal reporting and risk management
- Streamlining and automating manual workflows
- UI / UX design and implementation
- Working with researchers to bring new ideas to production
- Helping to maintain and support the existing application suite used in arbitrage strategies
What You’ll Bring
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with Python, Kotlin / Java, and modern web development (Angular, React, etc.)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and building full-stack applications
- Experiencing managing complex data and the associated workflows and pipelines
- Experience with financial products (derivatives and quant work a plus)
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of a variety of market-imposed deadlines
AQR and AQR Arbitrage are Equal Opportunity Employers EEO/VET/DISABILITY