Engineering Manager - Fintech Payments
Posted on 4/21/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada • Ontario, Canada
- Some previous team, technical or pod lead experience is preferred - managing engineers or projects and taking responsibility for the team's software design and delivery
- A continued passion to contribute to the code base (we use Java but it's not required to have experience with it) and for product feature development and product innovation
- A strong focus on the user: you can gain empathy for their challenges and understand how they may flow through our product
- Excitement about big, technical challenges, but also a passion for helping scale our business
- Experience working closely with, and contributing ideas and feedback to, product management and systems analysts to help create a solution to exceed our customers needs
- The ability to work collaboratively with the team to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture
- Comfort performing code reviews for engineers at all levels
- Coaching and mentorship experience
- A track record in partnering successfully with recruiting to build remarkable engineering teams
- Manage a small team of engineers where autonomy and flexibility are core values
- Write and ship production code that has meaningful user and business impact
- Work with a small cross functional team of engineers, PMs, systems analysts, designers, content designers, and researchers
- Collaborate with HubSpotters all over the company, whether in engineering, product, design, research, marketing, sales, etc
- Help HubSpot users meet their goals, via changes you've made
- Implement experiments that give us valuable insights into user behavior and how to improve their experience
- Get exposure to how HubSpot works as a business
Inbound marketing software for businesses
HubSpot believes businesses can grow with a conscience, and succeed with a soul — and that they can do it with inbound. That's why they've created an ecosystem uniting software, education, and community to help businesses grow better every day.
- Unlimited Vacation & Global Week of Rest
- Remote Work
- Five-Year Sabbatical
- Parental Benefits
- Leadership Development
- [email protected]
- Employee Stock Purchase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Learning
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun Stuff
- We solve for the customer.
- We work to be remarkably transparent.
- We favor autonomy & accountability.
- We believe our best perk is amazing peers.
- We lean towards long-term impact.