Cloud Security Management (a.k.a CSM) is one of the key products from the Datadog security suite. Cloud Security Management product allows customers to secure their cloud infrastructure by:
- Detecting misconfigurations that could lead to security issues
- Detecting on-going threats in real-time, with low-level instrumentation of hosts & containers
In order to better protect the customers, we want to explore many new areas in our Cloud Workload Security product (detection of ongoing threats), and greatly improve the experience of Security Engineers and DevOps trying to keep their runtime environments secured. More information can be found here
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll spend around 40% of your time on hands-on technical work, and the remaining time on management: You’ll work with and mentor the engineers on your team. This might mean joining a brainstorm about a hard technical problem, reviewing an RFC, or discussing areas where they want to grow or have gaps, and supporting them in developing those skills. You won’t have all the answers but will help foster a high-performance and fun culture.
- Work in collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers developing the agent, Security experts, Front-end, to create a vision of what needs to be built in both long and short term, find how to de-risk project, remove some ambiguity
- You’ll help us continue to raise the bar on the quality of our code and the stability of our services
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
Who You Are:
- Experience building applications for some years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have some experience managing a team of 4 to 8 engineers. You have strong communication skills, and demonstrated emotional intelligence and skills at collaborating with and coaching folks from different cultures.
- You have a proven ability to architect, build, and operate complex systems to solve problems at scale.
- You like shipping early and iterating, and keeping processes to the minimum needed to ship safely.
- You like to own projects and you thrive in projects with a lot of ambiguity, where engineers have to drive.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.