Our people create our best Plexus.
WHAT WE DO AT PLEXUS
We’re a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
We are passionate about innovating, creating and delivering products that change people’s lives. From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
At Plexus, you are more than just an intern. We embrace your innovative ideas and collaborative thinking. You play a critical role in our success as we continue to grow as a global organization.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on inclusion and collaboration. At Plexus, we’re at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
We are creators. Innovators. Engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and service experts passionate about building a better world. When you join Plexus, you’ll be part of a collaborative, imaginative team of problem-solvers. You’ll partner with leading companies across the globe to bring exciting, life-changing new technologies to their customers.
Plexus is a global company where you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. You can deliver solutions to our customers through visionary products that protect lives, discover elusive answers, help people and cultures connect, and revolutionize how we experience the world around us. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands-on internship experience — with a career at Plexus, you can make a real difference.
Design, develop, test and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- Support lean manufacturing/lead time reduction activities within the focus factory. Support short range focus factory capacity planning.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
- Utilize tools such as value stream mapping and simulation software to locate waste in a process and create current, future and ideal states.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote safe and efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering for entire duration of internship.
- Junior level status
- GPA: 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.