Director, It Infrastructure (Remote eligible)
Posted on 4/7/2022
Washington, USA • Bellevue, WA, USA
- 12+ years of experience in systems/network engineering and administration
- 8+ years of leadership and team building for infrastructure, networks and security programs supporting a rapidly growing enterprise
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience managing implementation of integrated SaaS solutions
- Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally, drive consensus, and balance needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of network design, information security solutions and cloud based systems
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes
- Well-versed in best practices and evolving architectural trends, including experience utilizing cloud IaaS and PaaS and building SaaS-based applications with AWS, Azure, Office 365, etc
- Establish the strategic plan for the evolution of the secure infrastructure and services, to address business requirements, with a cloud first mindset. Translate the strategy into actionable initiatives and manage to completion
- Define IT Infrastructure & Security strategy and standards to ensure 24x7 operations that exceed service level agreements
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards for implementing technical solutions
- Hire, inspire, engage, and retain team members while developing their careers
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the organization
- Define and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Participate in developing and controlling the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for infrastructure operations and security to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise
- Act as a trusted advisor and build and maintain relationships with other leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and show flexibility in responding with agility to changing business priorities
- Evaluate, recommend, and oversee the implementation of cloud-based services to provide key functionality to the enterprise
- Strong experience negotiating and managing SaaS, software and services contracts
- Ensure compliance with GDPR, SOX, ISO and other necessary controls to protect data and information assets
- Oversee the procurement and management of Software licenses, capacity, and utilization
- Manage relationships with existing and new vendors for the Corporate IT environment to include negotiation during the renewal process
- Provide direction and oversight for Identity and Access Management functions across Corporate, Commercial, and FedRAMP Environments
- Manage the complete lifecycle of complex projects that deliver strategic, value-driven outcomes and benefits
- Develop and promote delivery capabilities including Resource Management, Issue Management, Risk Management, Decision Management, Dependency Management, Financial Management, and Stakeholder Management
- Oversee the timely deployment of updates/patches or mitigating solutions to all IT managed devices, to ensure the integrity, stability, availability, and security of our environment
- Work directly with Compliance and InfoSec to facilitate IT risk assessment and risk management processes identifying acceptable levels of risk
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.