Posted on 2/19/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
Ruby on Rails
- You're a natural communicator and delight in using those skills to help others
- You love exploring new technologies and figuring things out the hard way
- You enjoy solving many small problems per day
- You've got 2+ years of experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role
- Within the last 5 years, you've worked at one company for at least 2 years
- You're experienced in writing support content
- You're experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution
- You have experience being on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on
- You're comfortable using support platforms such as ZenDesk and Salesforce
- You understand DevOps methodologies and you appreciate the value technologies like Serverless and Kubernetes bring to the software deployment and development process
- You're able to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill level
- You have excellent Ruby on Rails knowledge and are fluent on the Rails console, or you're proficient in working with another MVC framework (Django, Laravel or others) and will be able to pick up Rails quickly
- You're experienced with Git and CI/CD
- You have excellent Linux systems administration knowledge (LFCE or RHCE equivalent knowledge)
- You can demonstrate excellent spoken and written English
- You have the ability to use GitLab
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you
- Resolve customer issues via email and video conferencing
- Support a mix of Self-managed and GitLab.com (SaaS) customers
- Collaborate with our Product and Development Teams to build new features and fix bugs
- Create and update documentation based on customer interactions
- Work hard to solve customer problems while delighting them along the way
- Participate in regular rotations for weekday and weekend on-call coverage (daytime only), providing emergency support to our Self-managed and SaaS customers, or working with our SaaS Production team to coordinate incident communications
- Work alongside Product Managers to define and shape the product goals, roadmap, priorities, and strategy based on your frontline knowledge of customer needs
- Continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using GitLab
- Participate in our hiring processes by reviewing applications and assessments, and by participating in interviews
- Suggest and implement improvements to Support workflows
- Customer satisfaction with Support
- Service Level Agreement
- Ticket deflection through documentation updates
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.