Senior Software Development Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- A desire to lead new initiatives and development efforts to improve the user experience of CircleCI's end users and Technology Partners
- A passion for open source software - ideally, you already create or contribute to projects, or else you would be excited to do so
- Experience using Git, GitHub/Bitbucket, and/or other version control systems
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment platforms (like CircleCI)
- Experience writing shell scripts and developing command-line tools
- Use and automation of infrastructure/tools/services for at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong customer-facing skills (communication, empathy, technical writing)
- Support the rollout of new CircleCI features and functionality by building orbs, images, and other assets that make adoption of those features easier for end users
- Gain exposure to a range of DevOps tools and platforms as you work to integrate them with CircleCI, often by directly collaborating with the technical teams building those tools and platforms
- Use shell scripts, YAML, Docker, and third-party APIs every day
- Collaborate with the CircleCI user community on improvements and fixes to many of our open-source projects
- Work across the Customer Engineering organization, as well as with folks within Product and Engineering to understand common use cases and patterns, and how to make them easier to accomplish on our platform
- Write code that is self-documenting and continuously tested/deployed, and that has immediate, direct customer impact
- Strong skills and experience with various Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, Alpine, etc.) and containerization/virtualization technologies (Docker, VMs). if you're also familiar with macOS and/or Windows
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django, React, etc.) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Familiarity with modern high-level programming languages such as Typescript, Go, and/or Rust
- You've thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
CircleCI's mission is to manage change so software teams can innovate faster. We want to empower technology-driven organizations to do their best work – and make engineering teams more productive and innovative by managing change. The company operates a CI/CD platform for enterprises.
- Working remotely at CircleCI - Whether it’s a peaceful home or a house full of kids, roommates, or pets, your office can be where you need it. CircleCI has been a remote-first company since the beginning. We’ll ensure you stay well-connected with your teammates every day through tools like Zoom, Slack, Confluence, Google Suite, and GitHub. We also provide a home office stipend to help you do your best work.
- Health and wellness - Regardless of location, we prioritize the health and wellness of our employees and their families. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer generous parental leave and benefits that can cover employees and dependents up to 100%. We also offer quarterly wellness days, a free Calm subscription, wellness reimbursement, and Cleo for new parents.
- Professional development - At CircleCI, employees have ample opportunity to learn new skills, including project-based learning and presentations from our colleagues. Udemy is available for on-demand learning and we offer an annual stipend for personal development outside of CircleCI. Your continued professional development is important to us because it’s important to you.
Company Core Values
- Inclusive, empathetic, and respectful
- Open and transparent
- Quick and continuous
- Aligned, empowered, and accountable