Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
New York, NY, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- You have a passion for technology and a drive to constantly iterate and improve your ecosystem
- Your experience covers a gamut of modern tools, systems and patterns which have helped you achieve automation, productivity and stability in an organization
- You care about up time, SLA's, blue/green deployments, stability and balance while minimizing risk to our customers
- You have consistently made choices that positively impact all of engineering. Engineering excellence is a collective set of choices we make as technologists-whether to increase code coverage or ship a product on time, investing in developer productivity vs saving $$$
- You have the ability to balance tactical items against long term value. You demonstrate strong judgment across a multitude of situations and drive decision making taking all factors into account
- You can work and live at various levels, zoom-in and out as the situation demands. You stay connected to the details while possessing the ability to see the big picture
- You have hands-on experience across various platforms and can navigate your way across a complex and rapidly changing technology landscape and stay on top of industry trends
- BS in Computer Science or Related
- 5+ years experience as a Devops/SRE
- Experience in explaining complex problems and solutions to people inside and outside their domain of expertise
- Can effectively cope with ambiguity and act without having the total picture while managing risk and uncertainty
- Expertise in tools and methods to enable efficiency, automation and agility using Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and others (Pagerduty, APM tools, Grafana/Influx, ELK)
- Experience in deploying, supporting and building infrastructure for highly distributed and scalable systems living in AWS/GCP or Azure
- Experience in open source products such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, InfluxDB, Kafka, Vault
- Experience in triaging, troubleshooting and resolving production issues in a large distributed environment
- Working knowledge of modern web applications built on NodeJS using popular frameworks like Express
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
Advanced platform for life, annuity and disability insurance
Haven Technologies' mission is to make life (and life insurance) better by working together with visionary clients. The easier they can make it for their clients, the more their impact.
- Competitive pay & bonus program
- Four weeks paid vacation & sick time
- Ten paid company holidays
- Focus Fridays
- 401(k) with matching up to 5%
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance
- Paid gym membership at a local fitness club
- Snacks. The free and healthy kind.
Company Core Values
- Build things that matter. At Haven Technologies, you will build products and experiences that help people protect what matters most—their family. The things you create should have a tangible and positive impact on the people we serve. Take that responsibility to heart and let it inform everything you do.
- Yes before no. You can’t change the world (or an industry) with an old idea. Be curious and open to innovation in all forms. Explore how something can work—not why it won’t.
- We’re all entrepreneurs. Set big goals, move with urgency and act with conviction. Sometimes you’ll fall short. Sometimes you’ll make a mistake. But that’s okay. Embrace the adventure and you’ll be surprised at what you can accomplish.
- We matter to each other. Respect. Kindness. Collaboration. Individual actions may seem small, but the combined impact can be huge. So treat others the way they would want to be treated and extend that courtesy to everyone—customers, partners and the person sitting next to you.