Fixed Assets Accounting
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Plymouth, MI, USA
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Strong accounting and reporting (US GAAP) knowledge for assets and project accounting
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously having time-sensitive deadlines
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, independent thinker who will continuously look for ways to improve existing processes
- Review fixed asset purchase requests
- Monitor construction in progress for timely fixed asset capitalizations
- Post current month additions, disposals/sales, transfers, and depreciation
- Reconcile fixed asset subledger to general ledger and prepare fixed asset rollforward
- Ensure the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Actively communicate with assigned business units to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact fixed asset accounting
- Assist with various audit and tax preparation functions
- Travel occasionally to perform on-site audits to confirm physical assets on hand are properly classified in the fixed asset subledger
- 2-4 years of accounting experience; experience in fixed assets and manufacturing is a plus
- Expertise in cost segregation of fixed assets is a plus
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems; experience with SAP is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team